TAG Checklist Submission Period:
UC Application Filing Period:
UC Irvine's Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program guarantees admission to highly-qualified students from all California Community Colleges. Admission to most majors at UC Irvine can be guaranteed through TAG for transfer students who meet the eligibility requirements and complete the online TAG application.
How to apply to TAG
Submit an online TAG application (https://uctap.universityofcalifornia.edu) between September 1-30 and submit an online UC undergraduate application (ucal.us/apply) to UC Irvine between November 1-30.
Are you eligible for TAG?
A California Community College applicant who:
• has completed 30 semester or 45 quarter UC-transferable units (including AP/IB/A-level) by the end of the summer 2015 term for fall 2016 admission;
• has earned a minimum GPA of 3.4 in all UC-transferable coursework by the end of the summer 2015 for fall 2016 admission and will maintain GPA of 3.4 in all UC-transferable coursework for all subsequent terms;
• has completed one UC-transferable math course with a grade of C or better by the end of the summer 2015 term;
• has completed one UC-transferable English course with a grade of C or better by the end of the summer 2015 term;
• will complete second UC-transferable English course with a grade of C or better by the end of spring 2016;
• will complete 60 UC-transferable semester units or 90 UC-transferable quarter units by the end of spring 2016 for fall 2016 admission;
• will complete all major coursework for chosen major including course prerequisites and minimum course GPA by the end of spring 2016 for fall 2016. View course requirements here;
• will be in good standing for all colleges attended, and satisfy all UC transfer eligibility requirements;
• will complete the last 30 semester or 45 quarter units at a California community college by the end of the spring 2016 term.
Many students who are not eligible for TAG are still exceptionally well-qualified and are strongly encouraged to apply for admission to UC Irvine through the regular application process during the filing period. For fall 2016 admission the UC Application filing period is November 1-30, 2015. Students may apply online at ucal.us/apply.
The following majors do not participate in TAG:
Business Administration, Dance, Music, and Nursing Science.