Transfer to UCI from your community college!
Our TAG program guarantees your admission if you meet the requirements.
Step up to what’s next in your education.
UCI's Transfer Admission Guarantee (TAG) program guarantees admission to highly qualified students from all California Community Colleges. Admission to most majors at UCI can be guaranteed through TAG for transfer students who meet the eligibility requirements and complete the online TAG application.
Your transfer admission guarantee is only applicable for the primary major you indicated on your TAG form. Please note that our Business Administration, Cognitive Sciences, Dance, Language Science, Music, and Nursing Science programs do not participate in TAG.
Meet TAG eligibility requirements.
As a California Community College applicant, you are eligible for TAG if you:
- Complete 30 semester or 45 quarter UC transferable units (including AP/IB/A-level) by the end of the summer 2018 term for fall 2019 admission
- Earn a minimum GPA of 3.4 in all UC transferable coursework by the end of the summer 2018 term for fall 2019 admission and will maintain a 3.4 GPA in all UC transferable coursework for all subsequent terms
- Complete one UC transferable math course with a grade of C or better by the end of the summer 2018 term
- Complete one UC transferable English course with a grade of C or better by the end of the summer 2018 term
- Complete a second UC transferable English course with a grade of C or better by the end of the spring 2019 term
- Complete 60 UC transferable semester units or 90 UC transferable quarter units by the end of the spring 2019 term for fall 2019 admission, with at least 30 semester or 45 UC transferable quarter units completed at a California community college
- Complete all major coursework for your chosen major, including course prerequisites and maintain minimum course GPA through the end of the spring 2019 term for fall 2019 admission
- Are in good standing for all colleges attended and satisfy all UC transfer eligibility requirements
- Attend a California community college during a regular session in your last term
Many students who are not eligible for TAG are still exceptionally well-qualified and are strongly encouraged to apply for admission to UCI through the regular application process during the filing period. For fall 2019 admission, the UC Application filing period is November 1–30, 2018.