Important Information for Admitted International Students
Combined U.S. and International Academic Records (Attended Schools Outside of U.S. and in U.S.)
In the United States, an academic record is called a "transcript". In your country it may be called something else, such as statement of marks, statement of results, relève du notes, record of learning, or record of achievement.
- All official transcripts (beginning from grade 9) must be issued and sent directly from the original school – even if your current school lists them.
- The transcripts must include any grades you may have repeated when studying in the United States.
- Authentic original transcripts from your school(s) outside the U.S. must be sent directly to UC Irvine. Authentic means official records:
- Envelope must be sealed (open and unsealed is not accepted)
- Original documents only - photocopy not accepted
International Baccalaureate (IB)
- Full transcripts indicating internal marks from your secondary school (grades 9–12) must be submitted in a sealed school envelope on or before the July 1 deadline.
- You must contact IBO directly to request that IB certificates or diplomas be sent electronically to UCI. The IB results must be received by our office no later than July 15.
GCSE/IGCSE and GCE Advanced Level (A Levels)
- Your school must send copies of your GCSE/IGCSE Statement of Results and all internal marks in a sealed school envelope by July 1.
- Advanced Level Statement of Results must be submitted as soon as they become available. You must pass at least 3 Advanced level exams with a B grade or better to finalize your UC Irvine admission.
- Official Advanced Level results must be sent directly from the examining authority (Cambridge Assessment International Education (CAIE), OCR, AQA, Pearson Edexcel, etc.) in the form of the "Certifying Statement of Results". University credits for A Level exams will be awarded upon receipt of the official document.